Things to do in Vale, Oregon and surrounding areas.
Discover the Oregon Trail
- Kenney Pass. Located just 5 miles North, visit the interpretive center and see Wagon Wheel ruts. (Can you imagine actually traveling across Oregon in a Wagon???)
- Henderson Grave
- Vale Murals Walk. Take a walking tour to see the 29 hand painted murals throughout town. Map and descriptions available at the office. More information can be found at the Vale Oregon Mural website http://www.valeoregonmurals.com
Four Rivers Cultural Center
- Featuring a Cultural Museum and Japanese Garden. More information can be found at the Four Rivers Cultural Center Website http://www.4rcc.com
- For more information you can go to http://www.geocaching.com/
- Eastern Oregon is a favorite for rock hounds from around the world. Check out local areas around the Owyhee River and BLM land throughout Malheur County.
Hiking, Hunting Fishing
- Owhyee Reservoir and Dam
- Bully Creek Dam and Reservoir
- Brownlee & Oxbow Dam
- Hells Canyon
A bounty of wild game that includes, Chukar, Chinese ring-neck pheasant, quail, grouse, ducks, geese, mule deer, American pronghorn antelope, Rocky Mountain elk and big horn sheep are available to hunters. Our area is also abundant with many types of fishing. From a leisurely afternoon of catching bluegills at our local ponds to trying your fly fishing skills for the German brown on the Owyhee River. Several species of fish populate area rivers, streams, lakes and reservoirs. They include rainbow trout, catfish, small mouth bass and crappie. Many people enjoy fishing the Snake River for the giant catfish.
Note: We are an outlet for Cow Hollow Hunting Permits. This permit allows hunters to enjoy 4-5,000 acres of private farm land hunting areas. The cost of these permits are $50.00 for ages 14yrs & older and are good for the entire season. All proceeds benefit the Cow Hollow community park.
Ontario Basque Dinner:
- February: for more information go to http://www.ontariobasqueclub.dantzariak.net/
Vale Annual Crab Feed:
- March, located at the Vale Fire Department.
America's Global Village Festival:
- June: for more information go to http://www.ontariochamber.com/AGVF.htm
Weiser Fiddle Contest:
- 3rd week of June www.fiddlecontest.com (Weiser is about 30 miles from Vale)
Japan Nite Obon Festival:
- June (TBA) for more information go to http://www.iobt.org/_obon_origins.php
Vale Rodeo, Oregon Trail Days & Suicide Race (also see the Vale Chamber of Commerce site for more information)
- week of July 4th
Ontario Fire Works Display. (Ontario is about 15 miles from Vale)
- July 4th at Dusk/Dark
Brogan Nutty Brunch. Annual community event with proceeds going to the Brogan community center. Enjoy a wide variety of activities and a great brunch!
- July Dusk/Dark
Thunderegg Days Festival in Nyssa, Oregon. (Nyssa is about 15 miles from Vale)
- Second weekend in July
Vale Christmas Tree Lighting:
- December (TBA)
New Years Eve FireworksThis is the BEST display of fireworks in Eastern Oregon! Come on over to enjoy an evening with a dinner out and a GREAT show!.
- December 31 at Dusk/Dark
For other events area events , please check the Vale Chamber of Commerce Website at www.valechamber.com